Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX 7.5 Human model. I Ain't Got Jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyFromDenver

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2009
US
I would like a human model that I can very in height, weight and position. I am using NX 7.5, but I don't have a license for Jack. Does anybody know of a downloadable version that I can get for free? (Free being my favorite four letter F-word) (Food is a close second).I had one that a friend made for SolidWorks, but I'm at a new company with NX.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've seen that thread and downloaded their guy, but he was a parasolid, so I couldn't pose it in a squatting configuration. The SolidWorks man I had before was an assembly, so I was able to move it around by changing the mating constraints, and I could change it's size by scaling the individual body components. It looks like a modeling dummy like this one.

If your needs are significant and recurring, perhaps investing in the 'UG_Human' module (AKA 'Jack") would be worthwhile after all. Try contacting your Siemens rep (or the VAR from whom you purchased NX from) and see of you can get a trail license to see if it would be worth the investment.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I'm certain it would help out, and I work for a pretty big company, so I might be able to talk them into buying a copy when I show them what it can do. It's good to know how much body you can cram into a passageway in the back of a locomotive before it's built.

Considering what the expense must be to build a locomotive, unless of course we're dealing with 'N' or 'HO' scale, I would think that the cost of a single license would be fairly reasonable. Note that the 'NX Human Modeling' module comes in two versions, one for your standard man/machine ergonomic design modeling tasks and then an additional package optimized specifically for automotive interior design based on tools and databases developed at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute as part of their ASPECT (Automotive Seat Packaging Evaluation and Comparison Tool) program.

For more information about both of these options, go to:

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Yes, I just checked the 'price book' and the sales policy for this license is that there's NO 'trial' licenses available (perhaps due to the fact that it contains software licensed from a 3rd party).

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Mine are a tad bigger then HO scale. The toy I am playing with now is 290,000 lb, 70 feet long, 16 feet high and 4,000 hp. All that said, I am 6', 200#. I consider myself a good average size. I still have to squeeze through a few spots on the inside of these locos as I work mostly on commuter locos at this time what have an enclosed mechanical compartment which allows the engineer to maintain his loco while it's doing 80 mph. We also wear bump caps on the inside because we all bash our skulls on the innards. I'm certain that there is not enough ergonomic design going into them if there is any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back