Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 8.5/Newbie/Want to create a Standard Feature.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaifleigh

Automotive
Sep 30, 2014
US
Hi. I tried creating a standard feature to be used in various locations. I want to be able to change the standard feature and have all others update, but I also want to move one without the others moving. I tried associative copy/instance geometry, but when I moved the original, the other copy moved as well. Don't want that. Can anyone help?
Patrick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try using the Wave Geometry linker from Associative copy menu. This will give you the option to make the copy possition independed (see attached picture).
Now the copy will stay in its place where you have created it, even when the original is moved.

Ronald van den Broek
Mechanical Engineer
Cad Environment Coordinator
Wärtsilä, Propulsion Services
NX8.5.3 / TC9.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5
HP EliteBook 8570W Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz, 16Gb Win7 64B

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3b7d84d6-cfed-4481-a3e5-fe4b13661856&file=waveGeom.jpg
Thanks for the really quick responses, appreciate it. The instances are pretty much moving together. Unfortunately, Nutace, the learning edition software I have does not have the wave geometry linker function. I guess for now I will have to know exactly where I want every thing before I move features. Thanks again!
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back