Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 8.5 revolve feature isn't working as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTerrapin

Aerospace
Feb 6, 2014
US
Hey Folks,

So I am relatively new to NX8.5, however I have been successfully able to make solid revolve features before.

I know it seems stupid trivial but for some reason NX isn't creating a solid shell for me when I try to revolve a somewhat large scale sketch.

Here is what NX is giving me when I try and revolve about the ZC axis:

j7w9.png

My sketch is fully closed. Here are two close ups of the harder to see portions:

wqul.png

aywg.png

ol37.png

dt3b.png

It is a very strange effect. If I accept the revolve like this and rotate, I get really weird effects:

5bi8.png

Could someone help me out and explain to me what is going on here? I have made washer-shaped parts and just regular revolves. I don't understand why its doing this.

Thanks everyone!

-Ben

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it is a large sketch, it may result in a solid that is outside the default view clipping planes. A view fit or update display usually takes care of this by adjusting the clipping planes to some value larger than your model. If these options don't work, look in Preferences -> visualization; there should be options to adjust the clipping planes manually if needed.

www.nxjournaling.com

last answer is right ur sketch is very big and ur actual model is solid only because of some graphic issue ur model seen like sheet. please select fit screen and check.

Jerry; HOME does "somewhat" the trick but not ...
Home is default = Orient View to Trimetric AND Fit View.
- If you already have the Trimetric orientation then the "Fit" is all you see but...

I know, i am a Messerschmidt :)

Regards
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back