Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 8 FBM Teach operation - anyone successfully used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassplaya69er

Electrical
Dec 28, 2011
GB
Hi There,

I have recently started trying to use FBM in NX cam to program wooden parts such as:

this is just a test part, Product parts are much larger and more complicated. as the Blend is manufactured using a round over, user defined tool, i am currently using a planer profile operation and selecting lines / curves of the part to define the tool path. - which on a larger part takes ages and a lot of these parts are one offs.

the Feature detection appears to work fine :

&

then i program one feature using planer mill operation & user defined tool :

&

when i try to teach operation i get this error:

WARNING: Type clash: PocketMilling.Region_Connection: Boolean (false=0,true=1) = Tma.Integer[4]
ERROR: Unknown class: 'MILL_ORIENT' (Geometry Type)
ERROR: Unknown class: 'EngageRetract_?' (NCM Type

i have read the manual's and it seems that i may need to use the MKE and manually edit things, its just not very clear about what i need to edit.

if anyone who has experience with FBM / MKE could give me some help that would be great.

thanks in advance

Matt

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi again,

just in case anyone else has smiler problems, i thought id let people know that i sorted the problem - i hadent fully defined the feature before teach feature,

from digging firther in to the manual i found you have to first defign the feature with 3 x Planes ( can only be between 2 lines, or between 2 plane types) and with a 3 plane type CS before feature detection.

the next problem i hit was when creating feature processes ( after teaching operation) and i needed to use the knowledge editor to set the parent geometry for the operation to use a Mill area class.

hope this helps someone, dont hesitate to ask if your having problems,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back