Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 9 Mechanical Routing - Positions in the Used Arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.

civancic

Industrial
Jul 18, 2014
US
I have an assembly that I need to run hoses using the Mechanical Routing application in NX 9. I started running the hose paths using a spline path. As soon as I selected my first point I saw an alert that stated the following: Selected object is in an Individually Positioned component. This will cause inconsistent update behavior. Change the component arrangement positioning to Uses Shared Positioning. I continued to select the 2nd point of the spline again getting the previous mentioned alert. Upon completion of this path I noticed that assembly constraints had errors. I then tried to set the components to the "Uses Shared Position" as the alert suggested but the selection would not take after hitting OK. I eventually found a way to get the "Uses Shared Position" Setting to take I had to do the following: Delete all existing assembly constraints, select all components go to properties menu select "Uses Shared Position" and hit OK. This change allowed routing to work without issue. Does anyone know of a way to change this setting without having to delete all of the existing assembly constraints?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a6d72eaa-6f7f-4045-a993-7ba4a0d883e4&file=ScreenShot074.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back