Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Advanced Simulation - Linear Load to Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

4udoudo

Structural
Aug 25, 2014
PL
Hi!

Could somebody prompt please – how can I apply a linear load (N/m) to an edge of a 2D plate part. The system accepts correctly application of a force (N) to the subject edge, but if a linear load (called here as pressure ‘On beam’) is applied the following message appears during solving:

==========
WARNING
Load "Pressure(1)" is applied to geometry that is partially meshed or not meshed at all.
This may be due to the presence of a tiny edge in the geometry.

==========

and all results are outputted with zero values .

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I tried to add an ‘artificial’ 1D element (a bar with a micro-cross-section) along the edge of interest and being loaded as above it gives looks-like-correct results.
But maybe there is more natural way of solving such a primitive problem within such magnificent pre-processing interface?

Explanatory picture (as well attached together with model files):

KOJWm4M.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi 4udoudo,

After some findings, I think there isn't a direct answer to your inquiry. All I can suggest is to replace pressure load with force load. This would requires additional manual calculation from N/mm to N then.

Yes, it is enough strange but it looks like really there are no ability in the "NX Advanced Simulation" to apply a simple linear load to an edge in a direct way.

Thank you, Tuw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back