Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX FEM: Delay update 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walterke

Industrial
Jun 22, 2011
BE
I have a fem consisting of several solids, each with their own mesh, connected via mesh mating conditions and some other stuff.

I'd like to change the element size of some of the solids, but every time I change one, the mesh starts updating. Since I want to change 3 solids, that's 3 updates of the entire assembly (since they're connected with mesh mating it tends to update all of the meshes. With big meshes, as in my case, this can take a while.

Is it possible to delay all updates until you put in all the settings you want (say, changing the mesh size of 3 solids) and THEN doing the complete update?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: mesh is CTETRA10

NX 7.5.5.4 with Teamcenter 8 on win7 64
Intel Xeon @3.2GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 2000

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Since you have the meshes 'mesh mated' they therefore share a face as far as the mesh goes. Which means when you update one mesh the others will update as well. I'm pretty sure you can't delay these updates as they're on the global mesh controls which update as soon as you accept the changes in the dialog box.
You could make the changes to the solids with mesh controls which are updated individually.
Or you could 'glue' the parts together rather than mesh mating (depending on your geometry requirements) which would mean you could update the meshes on each solid separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back