NX hide command

Status
Not open for further replies.

elipse_echo

Mechanical
Aug 26, 2024
US
Hi
Could someone please help me over NX. The hide feature in NX doesn't hide the objects, it just creates them as dashed frozen objects. Would you know how we can change the setting for hide feature? this is how it looks like now : I have the parts hidden but they still show this. Its only that this assembly needs to be fixed rest others assemblies dont have this problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A screenshot that includes the assembly navigator (or part navigator as appropriate) might help.
I realize it is an assembly, but I'd like to confirm which application you are currently working with (modeling, drafting, routing, CAM, mechtronics, or other).

www.nxjournaling.com

I understand that will help you but as my company policy I cant be sharing that, sorry. Believe me the assembly navigator is grayed out since I have used ctrl+B to hide the objects but the dashed lines still appear without any objects disappearing. I am using the modeling application. Thankyou.

You can create a dummy assembly with some basic blocks to show us here, and also verify that this behaviour is reproducible with any model.

Otherwise we're reduced to making guesses.

Are there any other objects in the assembly, that are overlapping with the hidden assembly components, like maybe JT or facet LODs?

Is your system graphics NX compliant? 2023 was the year Siemens tightened their accelerated graphics requirements for NX, breaking visuals on many "subpar" systems like VM with emulated GPUs.

Can you , after making the "hide" go "Ctrl+i" ( = Information - Object) and pick one of the dashed objects ?
The Information - Object should be able to select no matter the settings in layers etc.
What type of object is it we are seeing ?
What Layer etc ?

If the information - Object cannot select , then it becomes more difficult...

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back