Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX journal for Spline through points

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhenzhang

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2018
DE
Happy New Year///
here is a question about recording a NX Journal. I know that things may get difficult when it comes down to the Spline(to be retired).
The Record Journal doesn't activate Insert>Curve>Spline>Through Points option for recording.
But what i want to do is that,
Firstly generate four splines using the four .dat files, each file contains the x,y,z of the points on one spline. (This step is not supported by Record Journal)
Secondly do Variational Sweep using the four splines as paths(This step can be recorded)
SO how could i complete the first step and further more combine the two steps in one Journal file.
Thanks a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Variational sweep is probably very tricky to use with a journal since you need to enter "quite some intelligence" into it.
i.e, you need to specify exactly how the sketch plane should move on the guides and how the sketch should be constrained.
a less intelligent sweep like "Swept" is probably easier to automate. - it simply uses whatever curves you feed into it based on the geometrical setup, no constraints or rules apart from the ones seen in the Swept menu.

Is there a reason why you cannot use the "Fit curve" - Spline , Degree and tolerance instead of the "Spline( to be retired)" ?

Regards,
Tomas

Thanks Tomas, you are right. The Variational Sweep is quite difficult to automate. But the "Swept" supports maximal 3 guidelines while i have to use 4. So i thought this would be the only way to do that.
And the "Fit Curve" also works. Thank you for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back