Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX License Bundles on windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurgerMechE

Automotive
Oct 20, 2014
US
My computer was recently "upgraded" to windows 10 and now something is up with my registries where my license bundles will not remain set. e use Teamcenter to manage our CAD data so I typically launch a part to NX from TC. However, this issue still persists even when I try to launch from native NX. Our CAD support is currently in the middle of a major upgrade and can't help me, they may not know how to fix this either... Does anyone know how to fix the computer registry so I can Ron Popeil the bundles, a little set-it and forget-it action! Otherwise every time I need to open a part, NX throws an error stating "your bundles are not set" where from I have to set the bundles then launch the part. Thanks!

NX 8.5, windows 7

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It may be a permissions thing. When we upgraded to Windows 10, IT had to change some permissions settings, for us. I do know, that our CAD users all have local admin rights on their machines, so that *might* be what allows us to write to the registry, and thus save our bundle settings.

Sorry I don't have more specifics, I just know the increase in security with Win 10 gave our IT some issues as well.

-Dave

NX 11, Teamcenter 11

Found out the work around. From the start menu->Siemens NX 12-> licensing tool, when that tool opens click bundle settings and just assign the correct bundles. This keeps the bundles selected. Simple fix!

NX 12, windows 10

BurgerMechE said:
Found out the work around
That is not a workaround. That is how it should be done. The other solution is that your license will be appointed from your Teamcenter account.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back