Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX - Location of all Keyboard Shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirza98

Marine/Ocean
Feb 10, 2024
AE
I'm using NX 2007 and I would like to know where I can easily search in NX for specific keyboard shortcuts. In the Customize Keyboard Menu it gives a list of categories but there is no search bar.

For example, I wanted to change L to be "line" in sketch mode but I am told by NX that it is already assigned to the "make perpendicular" command. Then I have to manually comb through all of the categories to find the location of that command so that I can reassign it. Surely there is a faster way to find the shortcuts and reassign them quickly?

I am looking for something like the search option under the Commands tab in Customize but with a way to edit the keyboard shortcut assignments easily.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Menu -> Information -> Shortcut Keys will give a list of all keyboard shortcuts in the information window.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX9 to NX2306 (14 versions) installed.

Thank you for your reply but this doesn't show every shortcut. Using my previous example for instance, it does not show the location of "make perpendicular".

It sounds as if you have missed the button "Report" in the customize dialog.
I.e, To customize the shortcuts, right click somewhere on the toolbar, Customize...
Click the button "Keyboard",
Then "Report" to see the list of existing shortcuts.
type "L", in the "press new shortcut key" field, NX will note the current usage, you select some different command in the list and "Assign".
this will override the existing setting.
Close the customize keyboard, Close the Customize dialog.

The "L- Shortcut" is then assigned to this feature for you on this computer.
The setting is stored in
C:\users\yourname\AppData\local\Siemens\NXversion\user.mtx

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Hi Tomas,

Thank you, that worked, I was able to change the shortcut and override the other command.

Now let's say that I want to reassign "make perpendicular" to another command, it does not appear on the report anymore since it is not assigned to anything now. Is there a way to easily know the ID of these unassigned commands and find them in the Customize menu without digging through every category?

Is there a list of every single command ID for NX whether assigned to a shortcut or not?

If you have a Sketch active when assigning, it should appear.
The Sketcher commands are not (?) visible else.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back