Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX NASTRAN - 1 April 2009 License Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoatDude

Marine/Ocean
Mar 31, 2008
US
I have Femap and NX Nastran, I cannot run Nastran after 1 April 2009. although Femap is doing just fine I called tech support, they are working on it. Is this only effecting NX versions of nastran or all flavors. NEi, MSC, etc. Does anyone know if this is virus related?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are a lot of post on the MSC Forum regarding the same problem.

All version of Nastran up to 2005 not included are affected.

Regards

Onda

Hi all,
it's not a licence problem. It should be something built into the code. In fact it is affecting at the same time NX NASTRAN and MSC up to 2004 (maybe also 2005 r1). I called NX support (I use NX NASTRAN 5.0) and they told me they are working on it but they don't know when the problem will be fixed. As temporary workaround just put the computer clock back before 1 of April 2009 and it works again.
Hope this helps
regards
Francesco

Some of the patches for NX/NASTRAN are available for download as of this morning. They are starting with the most popular versions first. I am back up and running.

Hi all

A question regarding this.

I have a collegue who works with MSC.Nastran for Windows 2005. The old Nastran with Femap. Does anybody know how that software is treated regarding this issue. He thought he had "permanent codes" but appearently they were not permanent.

Does anybody have the same problem and perhaps also a solution?

Ans to answer to OP, NEiNastran is not affected. At least not yet ;-).

Regards

Thomas

Nastran 2005.1 is affected by this problem.
The official MSC solution is to upgrade to 2005R2 or later.

I've upgraded today to 2005R3 and it's working.

Onda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back