Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Part Families Excel Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugie

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2006
AU
Hi All

I have a rather annoying problem, not a show stopper just one that bugs me. Running NX9.0.3.4 MP3 and have been for about a year. Also using Office 2007.
I have a bunch of Part Family master files, the files all work fine. The problem is when I have finished working on the spreadsheet in Excel and choose Add-in Apply values, Save Family or Cancel Excel doe not close. I see spreadsheet exit detected on the NX command bar but Excel stays open. It used to close but now for some odd reason it stays open.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled NX and Office with no result. Any ideas? Is there a setting to leave the spreadsheet open somewhere?

Regards
Greg

Regards
Greg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not that I am aware of. There might be different causes. Office update which has been applied? Maybe try a newer service pack? they are at mp8 already

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX8.5.3 / TC9.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

HP Zbook15
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ
CPU @ 2.70 GHz Win7 64b
Nvidia K1100M 2048 MB DDR5

After a few days searching I think I have found the problem. There appears to be a conflict with the latest windows dropbox app. If I uninstall dropbox then this problem goes away. If install it again then the problem comes back, Can anyone test and confirm this?

To reproduce, for me anyway.

1 - Open a part family master part
2 – Menu, Tools, Part Families
3 - Edit spreadsheet, This will open Excel
4 – In Excel - Addins, Save family
5 - This should close excel you and return you to NX, If dropbox is installed Excel will Hang and there will be a NX program error register in the event viewer

Regards
Greg

We use part family a lot.
I had the same problem.
When the dropbox application is running than the excel sheet will not close by itself.
When you exit Dropbox the part family functions and the excel sheet will close by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back