Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Personal Development 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAD2015

Computer
Jan 21, 2006
US
Hi,

I consider myself advanced in using the most common NX tools and features:
- Assembly Design
- Drafting
- Sheet Metal Design
- Modeling (3D Solid Modeling and Sketcher; basic only wireframe and surfacig skills)

I'd like to make myself more competitive on the job market.
What other NX functionality should I study/learn in order to achieve this goal?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks mz7dyj.......I sure likes me some job security..!

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

I to consider myself a well rounded designer I know Mastercam, Solidworks, Rhino,ZBrush and NX up to say Class A type surface modeling, I would like to know if there is any good
training material that goes into depth with NX surfacing besides showing an example of two surfaces used to create another,I would like to see a real workflow of say half a car showing
the process along the way.Is there by chance a .prt of a class A sports car that someone would be willing to share and one hopefully with a history tree structure so that some of us learning
could look at the process.

Thanks, Buddy.

Have you every thought of learning how to train? That is what I do for a very big company. However! being good at something is one thing, but being good enough to train other people how to do it is another. I have found that because of my role, I get to go to all the PLM/NX conferences and I'm well know by the European NX fraternity. I can train NX from new users through to advanced users, Mechanical Free-form, Sheetmetal, Drafting, Teamcenter and to date have trained over 800 people from students to PHD level. It's a great job! If JCB made me redundant tomorrow I could take my pick of jobs including in F1 and regularly get approached by companies and recruitment agencies. And it's because of the networking I have done a long with the skills I have in training that I would not struggle to find other work. As they say, "it's not what you know, it's who you know".

Cheers

Si

Best regards

Simon NX7.5.4.4 MP5 - TC 8

I suspect that rdln was referring to 'Motion Simulation...' found on the NX 'Start' menu.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I posted a question about the Motion Simulation software in another thread but it hasn't gotten any replies. Anyone know of a good resource for learning to use this tool? It looks to be very useful and I'm impressed so far with what it can do. Problem is, I'm currently learning it the slow way by making lots and lots of mistakes, and reading the help documentation over and over again. Would love to see some tutorials or other documentation on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back