Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nx rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

dihen

Mechanical
May 28, 2013
DE
Hi All!:)
(Sorry for my English)

I have some problem with the rendering tools:
I use full render settings in studio task, and I want to make high quality images. I have all license what i need.:)
1. I have to set the resolution to 3000*3000 pixels. I have no idea how shall I set it that it fills the image.(It should be in the middle of the picture) I always have to play with tha zoom: zoom, start render, it shows totally others than in the model space... zoom, render, zoom, ender again until it will be in the middle of the picture. (some screenshot in the attachment)
2. Dimetric view. I found it in customer defaults,(16 views have been added) if I cklick in the part navigator on the model views-->Dimetric.view.B1 (for example) I cannot use the scene editor ans system materials anymore. But If I click on the cameras-->Dimetric.view.B1 I can use them. What is the difference between the cameras and model views? Which one is better for me? (at the cameras I always have to use the fit command.)
Is it worth to use dimetric view? I mean it was a condition to the images, (from Siemens) but I think the trimetric should be better and simple... (Besides NX is also from Siemens.. why does not work with it?:p)
I found here a journal which makes an iso dimetric view. It would be good, but some parts I've got made in different coordinate systems...:( sooo... could someone change it that the dimetric view is made from the WCS? (so I would set a right working coordinate system and I would run the jurnal-->dimetric view for the WCS.:)

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3876c777-1b37-4648-b24a-bbada8e14db5&file=problem01.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

2) don't bother about the dimetric views. There is nothing to gain from these.
Instead, when you are rendering, do a save as... om your view before you start applying rendering options.
then you can return to your view-orientation/ zoom etc at later stage, if you save the view when you change the zoom/ rotate etc.
Some settings are view dependent and ONLY applies in the view where they were created, therefore save as the view as the first step.

1) Change your graphics window to a shape which is similar to the rendered image, your are about to render a 3000x3000 ( i.e square) then make the graphics window close to square, then the rendered image will be identical to the graphics. ( no zoom / pan etc.)

In the High Quality Image dialog there is a "Information" button on the first row of icons, It will report your current graphics window size among other things.
The important point is the relation width / height to be similar to square, not the actual size.
I once rendered a picture which was to be 1x7 height x width, the trick above then was the key to success / less headache.

Regards
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back