Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Site DPV preference not being read

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXJockey

Automotive
Feb 9, 2009
GB
Has anyone else experienced this:-

Set object preferences in the site DPV file (color, Line Style, width)

But these settings never appear in the part?

Any ideas

Cheers NXJ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Object preferences are saved in each individual part file. Changing the site settings will not affect existing parts (this includes new files created from templates - the template is an existing part). If you create new parts from a template, open the template, change your settings as desired, and save the template. If you would like to test your site settings, create a new part using the "blank" template (it is the only one that inherits its settings from the customer defaults).

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi Cowski,

I suspected that is how works, and that's exactly how I got around the issue.

Seems odd then that Siemens have a section in the customer defaults that does nothing! (in NX11 at least)

cheers for confirming what I did is logical.

Nxj

NXJockey said:
Seems odd then that Siemens have a section in the customer defaults that does nothing! (in NX11 at least)

It does something, just not what you wanted. Setting the customer default options still has value; some dialogs (mostly drafting stuff) has an "inherit from customer defaults" option. Customer defaults were a much bigger deal before they introduced templates. Since most of the settings are saved at the part level, most of the changes you make these days involves editing the template file(s).

www.nxjournaling.com

Try
in the file you want to apply your customer default,

Open the Drafting or Modeling preferences
at the bottom setting sources, select Customer Defaults, then the ICON (Im not sure), Next hit Apply the OK

CSBK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back