Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX/TC Attribute Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga11

Nuclear
Feb 15, 2012
US
I am new to this and have been trying to read what limited information is available but I have some gaps I can’t fill. Perhaps one of you can help me understand what I’m missing.

I have an NX9/TC9 environment and I’m trying to do new corporate templates to leverage the new features in NX.
Our TC structure is an item with an item revision. The item revision contains a UGMASTER for the 3d data as a specification, a UGPART for drawing data as a specification as well as an item revison master form that has all the attributes we care about, drawn by, date, revision by, date, etc.

I would like to be able to change attributes in the UGPART and have them change in the TC and vice versa. Bidirectional synchronization. I read in the TC help that synchronizing UGPARTS wasn’t possible but I wasn’t sure if this only applies if the UGPART is a manifestation. I also can't have more than one UGPART or UGMASTER. We are using the master modeler technique.

What things do I need to do /look for to get this functionality.

Thanks in advance
Jack

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The reason that the bidirectional attributes don't work is that the item revision is not checked out in the implicit checkout from NX when you open a part(from my understanding) only the UGMASTER or UGPART and it's bom view revision are checked out. This means that you do not have permission to modify any attributes that are on the item revision. I have a colleague at a sister company who has written some custom nx/tc scripts to be able to more easily handle this sort of thing but I do not have access to these. Currently we have to manually edit the properties of the item revision to have them update (not from within NX). Keep in mind this is based on my current setup with NX 8.0.3.4 & TC 8.3.1 so it may be different in your version.

Daniel Sikes
Design Engineer
Young Touchstone
NX 8.0.3.4

Thanks for the reply and I could see where checking it out could cause the problem but we have been explicitly checking out the forms, items and revisions. We had implicit checkout turned on for awhile and it was a DISASTER. Now we checkout everything to do our work. There isn't a lot of modelers sharing modeling work, the problem was engineers and designers even wanted to see stuff and they were unwittingly changing stuff.

We were able to do this in 7.5 but once we *upgraded* we lost the functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back