Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX/TC Attribute Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga11

Nuclear
Feb 15, 2012
US
I am new to this and have been trying to read what limited information is available but I have some gaps I can’t fill. Perhaps one of you can help me understand what I’m missing.

I have an NX9/TC9 environment and I’m trying to do new corporate templates to leverage the new features in NX.
Our TC structure is an item with an item revision. The item revision contains a UGMASTER for the 3d data as a specification, a UGPART for drawing data as a specification as well as an item revison master form that has all the attributes we care about, drawn by, date, revision by, date, etc.

I would like to be able to change attributes in the UGPART and have them change in the TC and vice versa. Bidirectional synchronization. I read in the TC help that synchronizing UGPARTS wasn’t possible but I wasn’t sure if this only applies if the UGPART is a manifestation. I also can't have more than one UGPART or UGMASTER. We are using the master modeler technique.

What things do I need to do /look for to get this functionality.

Thanks in advance
Jack

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We did something like this previously (recall from memory):

You have an Item Master Form in TC, that has your custom attributes defined. Then you also have an Item Revision Form that has some other of your attributes defined. Note that some may be Item level and some Revision level. We had our TC provider set these up.

You can then see these attributes in NX and edit them there, like any standard NX attribute.

You can also see and edit these in TC. Either via the form, (using Properties), which appear in the Item tree. Structure Manager in TC is also good for editing these once you add the columns for the attributes, as you can see the whole assembly and the current revision of each of the parts.

Hope that helps.

Paul Turner
CAD & Process Engineer
Mastip Technology

we use the Master Modeler also. We have bidirectional communication between NX and Tc. Attributes changed in Tc will change in the part and drawing (if mapped there) and if the value is changed in NX the value is changed in Tc. We use style sheets to see our attributes, not the forms.

Thanks for the replies. We use to have the bidirectional functionality in 7.5 but when we moved up to 9 we lost it. I'm thinking the problem lies with how the attributes are communicating with TC but I'm just out of my league here and grasping at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back