Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX VERSION 1946

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyssa68

Military
Jun 7, 2022
US
Good morning. I am looking for a training manual for NX I am a new user. I can find different versions but they are all nx9, 10 ect. I am having trouble (and this may be my ignorance) finding any information on what 1946 book would be good. they do not list one for 1946. If anyone can get me in the right direction that would be a big help. The online resources are not very good for NX I am finding. Even Siemen's web doc portal is not adequate.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most training for NX is online based rather than book form.

check and see if your company has a learning advantage account, its under Help-> Learning Advantage in NX.

We've used TataTechnogies Myiget in the past and its worked well for bringing people up to speed. It's cheaper than the NX one was at the time.

True, and our company does have that but it is time sensitive plus the version is a different version. I had a build in assembly tutorial that could not be made from the instructions, I had to figure it out on my own. Plus I want my own hard copy of a training manual. I had one for solid edge and catia, I am an old timer that prefers paper, or real books instead of on line. I really just need to know how to determine what the 1946 version is or what it is closest to in the normal number versions. ie: v9 v10 whatever. I am planning on purchasing this on my own, in order to have my own copy. Thank you for your suggestion though

nyssa68 said:
I really just need to know how to determine what the 1946 version is or what it is closest to in the normal number versions.

The most recent version is 2206 where "22" is for the year and "06" is the month of release. Between NX 12 and the current release, the numbering is pretty confusing. NX 1946 is a minor patch to the NX 1926 main series release; NX 1926 is 4 major releases after NX 12. I often refer back to the wiki article to keep it straight. After NX 12, the "major" releases are happening roughly every 6 months. It might be difficult to find physical training books for each major release. NX 1926 was the first version to offer the new sketcher. If you are using the new sketcher, I'd suggest finding NX 1926 or newer training manuals that cover it.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back