Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX10, Drafting - How to move the 'Leader Line' position on the Detail View circle? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetragrammaton

Aerospace
Nov 27, 2002
DE
Hi All,

Seems I have forgotten the "trick" to be able to move the leader line position on a Detail view circle.
In case it's not super clear, by move, I mean that if my leader line from the Detail View letters is attached to the circle.
Say in the upper left quadrant of the circle and I need to reposition the view and move the letter with the leader to the lower right quadrant, this is the problem.
When I create a Detailed View it seems (to me at least) that the point/position I first pick becomes a fixed point (unchangeable).
I have tried many suggestions (all without success) from previous threads such as:
- Holding the ALT, SHIFT and CTRL key down while editing the Detail view
- Changing the Label type to be EMBEDDED and moving it, then changing it back again.
- Tried anchoring / snapping to a point on the geometry in the view.
All of this short of recreating the view which wholly impractical and counter-productive of course....
So what have I forgot or is this a bug?
Appreciate any tips to help me out.
Many thanks,

D

Best Regards

Tetragrammaton :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hold down SHIFT whilst dragging the view label / leader line works for me.
I.e. Don't edit the view, just drag the view label as you would if you were trying to reposition any other note etc., but hold SHIFT and you can move the arrow round the detail view boundary.

Thanks Sole_Survivor,
I've been wracking my brains for awhile over this, :) very nice.
My mistake had been always (somewhat logically) going into Edit Mode to make the change.

Best Regards

Tetragrammaton :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back