Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX11 - Drafting: custom parameters/text in hole callout preferences and distance section label

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartijnH

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2013
NL
Hi,

I've got 2 questions for NX11 drafting:

- Is it possible to add a custom parameter/text (for instance 'minimal') in the hole callout. I would like to be able to add 'minimal' before thread depth (but not always), instead of modifying the tolerances?
blob_wv99ap.png

- How can I change the distance of the section letter to the actual section line. I would like to have the 'K' closer to the arrow. The indicated distance value does not seem to work.
blob_oi4jkn.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After a few times of saving the settings, deleting personal user settings and restarting NX, the 2nd question is resolved.

However, I'm still wondering who could help me with the first question? Or is it impossible to add a custom parameter/text to the hole callout parameters? And if it's impossible, why can I not just add text in between the hole callout itself, but only before or after the complete hole callout?

Aha, it can be done (individually) via the settings menu. I was trying to add it directly via the small popup menu/window.

The settings menu is still cumbersome, but this might do the trick for my colleagues. Thanks!

Just a reminder, Martijn, if you change Customer Defaults (Drafting Standards from your attached image), the settings will NOT take effect until you restart NX - that applies to EVERYTHING in the Customer Defaults, not just the Drafting Standards subset.

Also, if you're using any templates, those will be file specific and the Customer Defaults will not control those settings.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Yes, I know. Therefore everytime I test settings, I close NX, delete all my user prefs and start with a new empty part and drawing. But with the 'section letter distance' it took several attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back