Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX11 Hole Callout without pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bollydave12

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2022
GB
on NX 11, can you change the way that NX displays a metric course thread so it does not show the thread i.e. following the ISO convention?

I am currently using radial dimension --> hole callout so I can associatively link the thread depth to the hole. This shows M5 x 0.8 - 12 DEEP and I would like M5 - 12 Deep instead. Any ideas to achieve this and keep the depth associative rather than manually entering it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think this is a case where the Siemens developers did not know how , at least Europeans , note metric threads.
( we do not note the pitch on "the most common pitches" I.e "preference class 1".)
for example M10 , preference 1, is pitch=1.5 mm and the callout is simply "M10".
All other pitches of the M10 should have the pitch noted such as for example M10 x 0.5

The notation is controlled , ( if nobody has mapped this differently, by c:\NX11\UGII\modeling_standards\threaded_hole_standard.xml
create a copy of the file before modifying.
then :
2022-03-10_12-43-21_efdtl7.jpg

You will need to edit the existing holes after this change and re-select the thread size.
then the drafting note will not include the pitch on this size of thread.

( the threaded_hole_standard.xml can be re used in the next NX version.)

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back