Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX12 pattern curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blase_McK

Industrial
Aug 26, 2019
US
So I have some graduated markings that span a distance of 110mm and there is a dash every 5mm I sketch the first line and get "sketch fully constrained" but as soon as I pattern that linearly I get "sketch needs 440 constraints" any idea on why its not bringing my constraints along with the pattern..?

pattern_curve_ni2dnu.jpg

pattern_curve_1_jr8bee.jpg

Thanks
Blase

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

this is odd. Unfortunately hard to help without the source file. Anyway, the constraints should be embedded in the pattern feature. Beware of reference geometry (like line converted to axis) which requires to have end points constraints to be considered as "fully constraint".

Do you have the "Create inferred constraints" on or off ?

If this option is OFF, one will need to create constraints for all the new geometry.

Notice that :
with the Create inf... ON, the options available for pattern curve inside the sketcher is limited to linear/circular/general
with the Create inf... OFF, the options available for pattern curve inside the sketcher expands to linear/circular/polygon/Spiral/along/general/reference
There are no algorithms in NX12 to keep these "extra patterns" as associative/parametric in the sketcher.
(There are if using the Pattern Geometry outside the Sketcher.)

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back