Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX12 Performance. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiW979

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2007
GB
Has anyone noticed that NX12 seems to be slower when performing simple tasks? things like using the undo function seems to take more time than it should, even on simple models. I've just had an assembly where I performed a "show only" command on component and NX12 took an age to complete the command. I've noticed that even just opening menus isn't as quick as it used to be in earlier versions.

Cheers

Si

Best regards

Simon

NX7.5 NX8.5 NX9 NX10 NX11
NX Consultant

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I like to work fast with CAD software and every delay in UI response is really annoying.
We recently upgraded from NX11 to NX12 and apart from performance problems I am discovering also other issues like:

* Sketching was never the fastest, but now rapid dimension is even slower.
* Artifacts when rotating in graphic window, blue/yellow geometry. Probably caused by new "Split window" / Tabs layout feature. Somehow 3D performance is degraded. Visualisation settings are same as in NX11, worked on same assembly (upgrade to NX12) and only in NX12 I have this issue. In NX11 for this to appear the assembly had to be really big.
* Issues with selecting edges, in big/bigger assemblies, like they are not detected or hidden by geometry in front, i dont recall having this in NX11 so often. Viewing from different angle or zooming in helps.
* Sometimes, fortunately not often, NX freezes for 5-10 sec for no reason.

I understand the need to give some new features in every newer version of software, but sometimes the changes are somewhat strange and of poor "quality".
I found a bit annoying UI change in "assembly load options" where instead of having 2 checkboxes for "Partial Loading" and "Lightweight Representations" now we got a list with 4 combination of both, with list box so small that the option is not fully visible, I get "Partially Load - Lightw".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back