Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX1880 does not update component position which is assigned by excel spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekinserdar

Mechanical
Oct 7, 2006
TR
Hi,

I am assigning position constraints of an assembly from excel. When I change the distance value on excel, save it, and Update for external change; component position and distance value on constraint does not change. Then, I attempt to modify the constraint manually; new value appears, and go back with no change (with OK) and component moves correctly.

The method in "viewthread.cfm?qid=294946" takes lots of time; every time all features are calculated and loaded again, taking too much time. Do you have any other methods?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you tell us how and where you have learnt that this should work ?
Do you have expression links from the NX assembly to the spreadsheet ?
I have never heard that this should be a feature.

That said, you can control/move component positions from Teamcenter, but not, as far as i know, using a spreadsheet.

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

I am using the method in the video; for distance constraints of components in an assembly (not "ug_excel_read" but "ug_cell_vlookup"). Platform is not Teamcenter, I work on local disk.

Distance values are given from assembly coordinate system, which means these constraints are the main constraints of assembly (components are not referred wrt one another).

There might be something to do with Reference sets or load options; but I couldn't figure it out

Now you are talking :) You do have expression links from NX to the spreadsheet. This has the potential to work.
What NX version ?
assembly constraints ?

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back