Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX1926 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robse

Industrial
Jun 30, 2015
CH
Hello,

I was wondering if someone found a solution for the poor performance of NX. NX12 was bad (someone reported it already in a different thread), but now the situation increased. It takes ages to open the file and add a text and a feature control frame. Every command takes >30s. We opened a support case with no result. Hardware is ok. We all use a certificated workstation and graphics driver. We are working in slow motion and loose a lot of productivity and money because of this issue.

Instead of solving this, Siemens seems to sit out the problem and doesn´t make any effort to improve the situation.

Did someone found a way to make it faster again?

Thank you very much in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is your hardware setup? I have seen some lagging with various tasks and I typically use current, mid-range Dell Xeon Precision workstations. Performance is decent but NX loves to use resources. Decent processors and graphic cards should be used and I do not recommend running NX on hardware that is not up to the task. Some users have mentioned good performance with Intel i9 processors and the AMD Ryzen 9's look like great performance for the price but I haven't seen any benchmarks of NX on AMD.

NX 1946

When you say "larger than 30 seconds", it is a local problem. NX is not that bad, not on certified computers w certified graphics.
There are functions in NX which I hate due to the response time, the Note Label editor is one, the "Rapid dimension" is another, but I have never seen such times in NX.
Siemens issue here is most probably that they cannot reproduce your issues. ?

Have you tried doing a fully local install ?
Nothing on any network drives ?
turning off antivirus , encryption, firewall etc ?
Is this within a "large company" ? ( these tend to have IT departments with very little understanding of the needs that design departments has.

Can you describe your setup ?
RAM ?

Regards;
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Hello and thank you for your suggestions.

@Tomas

Most of the useres use a HP Z2 G4 Workstation.

CPU i7-8700K
32GB Ram
Graphics Card Quadro P2000 with Siemens certified graphics driver

-Fully local installation does not bring any better experience.
-No antivirus etc installed
-We have 7 Users and we are working managed with TC 13.1.

All computers seem to be affected, regardless what hardware is used. Therefore we think about a settings problem.

My first post was a bit misleading. Most of the commands work without any issue. It seems only some commands are ridiculous slow.

What i found out if I use an older TC-Server (TC11) it works much faster. I can´t imagine how Teamcenter-Version should affect only some commands? Hereby the commands that are affected most:

-Starting NX ( NX Programm already open, but it waits for something for 40s)
-change to drafting and add a sheet >30s
-Rapind dimension >40s
-feature control frame >30s
-Note >30s

The interesting thing is, when i am fast enough and press again one of these commands in less than 3s, the commands are opend immediately. Do i wait longer i have to watch the blue ring of wait...

I am completely clueless what is going on.

Best regards.

Hello Gelson,

we even organized a new license file and tried to reinstall the server and made like suggested. Unfortunately no improvement.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back