NX1953: Simplify a deep assembly structure with complex sheet metal parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markku S

Mechanical
Jun 7, 2023
FI
Hi,

I'd like to ask for your help regarding the assembly simplification. At my daily job I use NX 1953 and Teamcenter 12.

Our assemblies does not contain so many items, maybe about 200-500 individual parts, but there are some sheet metal parts with *many* holes and there are hundreds of instances of those parts. You may think an air conditioner evaporator with many lamellas as a reference.

What I'd like to do, is to open the top level of my air conditioner and select Reference set "Simple". Then I'd expect to see all assembly levels show such a reference set ..down to my lamella where I've replaced 3d sheet metal as a 2d surface without any holes in it and put that 2d body on layer 3. That 2d face is what I see if I go to 2nd deepest level and set lamella's Referecne Set to Simple.

My issue is that apparently NX does not change all intermediate assembly levels to Simple and if I do not have write access to whole structure tree, it will not work.
Secondly, in each level 0+n assembly I can select Model or Entire Part or Simple Ref Set, but I've not found a way to link those child component's RF sets to Work Part/Assembly Ref Sets. Please correct me if I get this wrong.

In some discussion at commynity.sw.siemens I saw a 5 years old screenshot that showed Reference Set option "Apply to All Assembly Levels" but I did not see that in my RS dialog.

At some levels it would be nice to see some parts hidden or a rectangle block that acting as a space reservation for illustration purposes. I'm not sure if I want to use Assembly Arrangements (with suppressing components and child assemblies) but this far it has provided the best results.

I watched some YouTube video that proposed creating a separate file for a Simplified sibling and then I saw also something about using JT files, but before going there I'd like to know if there is a way to stay in old files without making any new ones? While I wait for your replies, I'll test "Show Lightweight" option. I've used simplification in Solid Edge and in SWX, but with NX I find myself a bit clueless..

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back