Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX1969 Selection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
We recently upgraded from NX1872 to NX1969

Constantly we are having issues where suddenly you cannot select anything. It acts as if the work layer for objects are visible only. If we change applications from drafting to modelling and back again, or visa versa, it will suddenly start working right. Some find it fixes it by changing their work layer to another layer and then back again.

I tried the regenerate work, but that doesnt seem to have an effect.

Has anyone else had this issue. It happens a lot! Several times a day.

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've experienced the same and more... Loose right click completely or right click changes to an obscure context menu, Edges become completely un-selectable despite filters are set correctly, etc. Very infuriating.

Hopefully Siemens stops making interface changes, and starts fixing bugs.

--
Design Engineer
NX 11.0-1969
CATIA V5 R30

With ours, I have found there are specific actions that cause the problems.

1) If we change a layer in Visible in View, while in modeling, it makes everything unselectable. The strange thing is, all layers in layer settings are still selectable. Even weirder... if we have the product on layer one and turn that layer off in Visible in View, even though the product is off, it is still selectable. I can let my cursor hover and it will read a part file on the bottom of the screen. I can see the navigator highlight and if I select, it will select the part. If I double click, it will make that part the work part. Even though the part is not visible. Yet everything else on the screen that should be able to be selected acts as if it is invisible.

Basically it makes the visual right, but makes the visible objects the unselectable. lol

Yes I know we should not use visible in view in modeling. I have even already warned the boss that we may be forced to actually do things the right way now. lol This department got into doing things wrong a long time ago and are stuck in their ways.

Im curious as to whether your problems are caused by using visible in view while in modeling as well.

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back