Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX2027-Center of mass in information window

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXuser311

Mechanical
May 16, 2023
US
Using measure-object set to get the center of mass in relation to the WCS. With the reference CSYS set to WCS the pop up window will show the correct coordinates for the COM in relation to the WCS but when I click OK to send results to the information window the COM will say (WCS) next to it but the coordinates have reverted back to be in relation to the absolute of the file. Is there a setting to fix this? Why would the numbers change when you're just sending results to the information window, it should be the exact same numbers. Seems like a bug maybe.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I just tested in NX2027.4060 and the results are correct, the results between the popup & the information window are the same.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX9 to NX2212 (13 versions)

Even with your WCS set to some place random out in space? If it's absolute then ya they transfer over the same numbers, but as soon as you move it off absolute then they change between screens for me.

I tested in NX2027.3102 and NX2027.4060.
It works properly in NX2027.4060 so I presume it's a bug in the earlier release.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX9 to NX2212 (13 versions)

What version is it you are using ?

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

There is a way to put an associative point (will move when cgm moves) at the COM,
let us know if you would like to know how to do that.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Ya I know how to put the associative point there already, it's more of a data not being consistent between dialog boxes problem. Especially when I need to export the data from the information window specifically. Appreciate the response though.
I'm pretty sure it's either a setting somewhere, although it works perfectly fine with reference csys set to absolute, or just a bug in this specific version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back