Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(NX5) Unable to plot 1:1 from drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster29

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2008
US
Anyone have any tips on plotting 1:1? We are trying to get exact size plots but are finding that the plots are slightly small. For example, a 12" dimension will actually measure around 1/4" short. We tried changing every setting we could find in the printer options but it had no effect. This is happening with laser printers as well as HP plotters. Our work-around is to export a .dwg and plot with AutoCAD.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

'Print' does NOT provide the control necessary to assure that what you're getting is what you want, scale-wise. Printing was never intended to be a replacement nor a substitute for Plotting and officially, we do not support it as a 'plotting' solution.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I can't stand the limited and archaic old 'PLOT' setup in drafting, so I export to PDF and use the acrobat reader to make paper at 1:1 scale easily and with a load more flexibility.

NX 7.5.0.32 MoldWizard

speedster29, you answered your own question. Use Plot instead of Print. It is easy to install printers as plotters through the printer administration. Once setup you can plot full scale views from modeling or drafting (as crisp as you want them, I might add), and then it really is as easy as selecting Plot instead of Print.

Regards,
KLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back