Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 Assembly Constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyereng

Automotive
May 31, 2005
US

Is anyone else having problems with the assembly constraints in NX6. When ever i bring in an assembly created in an older version of NX and i convert the constraints i run into issues with the constraints not functioning correctly and i have to pretty much delete all the constraints and start over.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I flipped the setting from constraints to mating in custumer defaults. May be a stupid answer, but that was what I had trouble with.

hi all,

i have any questions about assebly constraints under NX6.

For example, i build my assembly. Any steps shown bellow.
1. create component A which contains a solid body
2. create another blank component, e.g. B( assemblies --> components --> create new components )
3. Link the solid body from component A.
4. assemble the component C ( assemblies --> components --> add components ), which depends component A & B.
5. modify the solid body in component C

Any unconstrained component positions are changed!
See your example;
unconstrained components: A; B
fully/partially constrained: C

what is the correct solution? Our assembly do not have any unconstrained components? And the new components, which contains any linked geometry, add to assembly constrains creation mothod: FIX?

thanks,

Best Regards,
Rudolf JONAS
Mechanical Engineer
Hungary

hi uwam2ie,

sorry for delay, but I am very busy at present, but as soon as possible I will place the sample assy...

Best Regards,
Rudolf JONAS
Mechanical Engineer
Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back