Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 Design Simulation Nastran Parallel Process Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKMac

Mechanical
Jan 13, 2012
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to run a basic FEA within Design Sim in NX6. I've used it several times, with assemblies more complicated than this. We're using a single FEM rather than the assembly option, which is know isn't necessarily the best way forward, but for now I'm just looking to understand/solve this issue.

I've attached my .f06 and .log file. On running the file, I'm crashing out with the .f06 error

USER FATAL MESSAGE 718 (RDASGN) etc.

On the Solution Monitor, it's listing
*** SYSTEM WARNING MESAGE 6299 (PARCPU)
NO PARALLEL PROCESS CREATED

Now I've looked this up and seen a similar forum question, where the answer was that the scratch directory wasn't pointing to the correct place. My problem is that I'm able to run another solution file for another model, so I don't see it being a missing file issue.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

Morven

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is this a large analysis you're trying to run? Only you don't have the biggest spec machine by the look of it and it might be running out of memory and therefore crashing out before it runs the job.
I also sometimes see that error which is fixed by reinitialising the licence file (or exiting NX and then going back in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back