Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 Multiple Pathname Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKMac

Mechanical
Jan 13, 2012
GB
Hi All,

We've recently moved servers at work, which has (unfortunately) meant the server names changing.
We all use the same letter for Mapping Network Drives, (in this case J:).

Now when I open assemblies which I created before the changeover, I cannot load components which are in a different file to the top level assembly. Unfortunately, they all come from different folders on the same server,

E.g.
Previously I would have two files under the path:

\\Original_server\Components\Plates\Plate1.prt
\\Original_server\Components\Washer\Washer1.prt

Now I have

\\New_server\Components\Plates\Plate1.prt
\\New_server\Components\Washer\Washer1.prt

Is there a way to change all pathnames of components to reference "New_server" in place of "Original_Server" whilst maintaining the rest of the filename? Or is it a manual change only? I know there is the 'load from folder' option rather than 'load as saved' - but unfortunately as the parts are filed under many different locations, that's not really that useful...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Take a look at the ug_edit_part_names command line utility.
You can do what you want with the -change_dir switch.
The documentation of this utility (NX 7.5) is on NX Essentials >> Utilities and File Management >> Command Line Utilities >> Change Component Part References in an Assembly

One reason to use Windows drive letters instead of UNC paths to NX files. J:\ drive on either server is still J:\.

ug_edit_part_names will do the trick for renaming the internal file structures.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back