Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 Threadmilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfv8

Automotive
Apr 14, 2009
GB
Hello all CAM guru's,

Having recently created a Helical thread-milling template which worked fine in NX4 and 6 in 32 bit mode, we have now hit a snag following an upgrade to 64 bit Windoze operating system.

Where we were able to generate the thread-milling operation in about 15 seconds, it now takes the best part of an hour plus in 64 bit mode.

Has anybody else had evidence of this problem and a solution?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi all,

Just a bit of feedback.

It seems that I was mistaken re. the difference between 32 and 64 bit operating systems.

It now appears that if you select the Threadmilling template, NX searches for every component in the assembly tree of the CAM file, both in 32 and 64 bit mode.

Is there any way of preventing this? I've tried modifying the load options but there's no difference.

Hi Joycejo,

Sorry, when I stated I created a helical thread milling template in the original post, what I meant was I was using the original NX one 'out of the box'. It's just that the engages and retracts are customised manually within the standard NX template using 'magic numbers' to create a helical engage and retract starting from the hole centre with cutter comp.

So, to answer your question, no, the template is not an assembly.

Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back