Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX7.5 Movie Captures Only Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLineDesign

Bioengineer
Aug 9, 2007
US
I have a GTAC in for this, but I thought I'd try ENG-TIPS while I'm waiting to try other things (So far I uninstalled my Space Navigator and brought my graphics drivers up to the latest.). When saving videos (still NX 7.5) I only get the mouse movements, popup boxes, and the "Earth Background". In otherwords, I get everything except what I want.

Any Ideas?
Regards,
KLINE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I guess, it's a graphics issue. Do you run a certified graphics ?
Try to see if you can find in the graphics adapter settings a "Hardware acceleration" option, try different settings on this and then create movies.
What video capture do you use ?
Techsmith.com has a nice freeware named Jing that you can try. ( it only saves videos in Shockwave Flash format which is a bit sad but else it's good.)
Techsmith.com also has Camtasia which is fabulous for video capture but it is not freeware.

Regards,
Tomas

A colleague had the same problem only yesterday. We found that changing the "Record Options->Capture Area" to "Desktop" then recorded the NX graphics OK.
Obviously you get all of the NX window and, if its not maximised, anything else thats visible on-screen. But that was OK for us and recording videos is rare for us so we didn't dig any further into the problem.

Graham Inchley, Systems Developer, Sandvik Coromant. HP EliteBook 8760w, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX6.0.5.3 MP5
Testing: NX8.5.3.3 MP4 64bit | NX9.0.2.5

The colleague that originally had the problem uses an HP tower setup with 2 monitors and has NX on the primary.
When he had problems I opened his part to try. I use an HP laptop on a deskstation with a single monitor and had the same problems.
When this equipment was purchased the graphics cards/drivers were all certified for use with NX.

Graham Inchley, Systems Developer, Sandvik Coromant. HP EliteBook 8760w, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX6.0.5.3 MP5
Testing: NX8.5.3.3 MP4 64bit | NX9.0.2.5

Thanks for the replies. It appears as if my Ticket is going down to the graphics certfications folks. I do have the latest certified drivers. I did just try switching my settings to capture the desktop, and indeed it did work. This is of course not the preferred option, so my problem still remains. I'll post back when a solution is found.

Thanks again, and have a good weekend,
KLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back