Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX7 Tutorial or book 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter72

Mechanical
Aug 7, 2006
US
Hi everyone,

I am new in NX7. Does anybody know good book or tutorial for NX7? Any useful websites?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suspect that you will not find any significant material specific to NX 7.0, however there are books and tutorials covering NX 7.5, such as:

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi Peter,

Check If you can have a CAST installation DVD from your reseller.
If you're new into NX, this might be helpfull.

Grtz,

I agree with Micky, I read DesViz NX 6 book. I especially disagreed with their presentation of sketch. Sham Tickoo's book was perused by me for our company library. It appears to be good solid basic info. Rancy Shih's Parametric Modeling with UGS NX6, is also a good basic book, if you exclude his ideas on "design intent"

If you are interested in CAM, there are 9 tutorials included with the system. Change your role to CAM Express and restart to see the links on the browser tab of the resource bar. Change your role back to Essentials to return to the default state.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Peter,

Cast will help for sure, from basics to moderate.
You can also check youtube, there are several videos available. Also the designviz guys have their own channel.
In the past I bought the designviz books for NX2 and 3, but looking back...they just handle the basics in my opinion.

What NX users would need is a tutorial like this: The guy designed a chopper, took him half a year. I planned to dump some vids on youtube as well (designing my own chopper atm) dealing with all NX advanced features but pfew...
If you understand German, you may also have a look at
good luck and be happy to use NX, it's far better than Pro/e and catia

Good luck!

Older budweiser

Book, ? use the NX dokumentation since nx5 / 6 /7.5 theres a lot to find in NX Help.. look for Discovering NX
or for cam there is a nice Cam express tutorial, for sheetmetall...

can't access NX Documentation. says it cannot find html file. what's the problem there?

It may not have been loaded.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

The NX Help doc's are NOT installed when you install the NX software. The require a separate file download and install.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back