Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX8.0.2 Crash upon creating new drafting part from custom template referencing work part

Status
Not open for further replies.

potrero

Mechanical
Aug 30, 2007
US
After updating to NX8.0.2, I've been experiencing a severe bug. NX8.0.2 crashes after creating a new Drawing, related to the Work Part, based on a modified version of the standard NX8 metric drafting templates.

There are 2 crash info windows that pop up. The first is a window titled "New" that says
"An embedded object cannot be deleted in isolation."

After clicking "OK" on this window, a second error message pops up, entitled "Error Recovery", which says:

"Error recovery failed because:
Undo mark is missing

This occurred attempting to recover from the following error:
Internal error: memory access violation

Parts in this session may be corrupt. Do not save your parts.
Restarting NX is recommended.
"

Has anyone experienced the same bug?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Potrero,
I am also using NX8.0.2, I can use either the metric and or english standard op sheet templates
and have no issues, I am in the process of adding my own custom templates, what exactally did
you modify?

Theginz

I think I just figured out what the issue is.

Try this:

1. Copy an out-of-the-box NX8 drafting template, like: "Drawing_A0-Size-template.prt"
2. Delete the Siemens title block in the lower right hand corner (you'll need to make layer 256 selectable).
3. Save the template (I gave it a new name and included it in my new set of custom templates, but I bet you could just overwrite it in the default NX directory. Of course you'll need to un-check "read-only" in the OS.)
4. Now open whatever other part you want to use to make a test drawing.
5. Make a new drawing and use the new template.
6. Now you should get the same exact bug I documented in my first post.

By the way, this ONLY seems to occur in NX8.0.2, not in NX8.0.1, NX8.0.0, or NX8.0.1 MP1.

John,

Yes, of course. It's assigned Priority Code 1 Critical. Just putting some info out there to help our fellow NX brethren, who like us, may have spent a few hours fighting this bug.

@potrero,
Followed what you've written to the letter in NX8.0.1 and NX8.0.2 and it's as you say, a bug in NX8.0.2 only. Report it to GTAC.

Anthony Galante
Technical Resource Coordinator

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.0.1, NX7.5.0-> NX7.5.5 & NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.1

Hi all,

I've ran into this issue but couldn't quite figure out what was causing it. Some of the templates worked (A0 and A1) but the others failed (A2 and A3) and gave me the same error in this post.

So what is actually causing the issue? All were done by modifying the original Siemens templates so I was unsure.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I had this issue just the other day along with a whole bunch of other bad stuff.

I am told the title block code has some issues..

Gtac also told me that the tabular not function is not quite behaving as it should.. when you place part attributes inside these they do not read from the master part.

This whole attribute thing is extremely buggy and is very poorly documented.

This template thing should be fairly simple.. other companies have it figured out. Why does this have to be such a pain.

And when GTAC is not quite sure what is going on... it is really discouraging.

excuse my rant here.

Other.. but along the same lines...

Say one wants to place a DB attribute on a template as a note..

once you placed this DB attribute note on the template...it dissapears...

How does one select it afterwards... better yet position it to a preferred position in context of the title block.

I tried to embed this into a tab note... and that does not work either / GTAC is aware of this.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back