Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX9.0 Adding Balloons for parts list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrupnow

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2012
US
In Pre-NX9 versions, in drafting I could add an ID symbol and update the parts list and the symbol would populate with the item number. In nx9 it will allow me to auto balloon, but the ID symbols will not link to the stocklist. If I open a pre-nx9 file in nx9 with a parts list and balloons it will let me add balloons and they will populate. It seems there should be a setting to allow this in new files.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It seems to be working OK for me, however, I am using NX 9.0.2.2. I won't have access to NX 9.0.0 or NX 9.0.1 until later in the day, at which point I'll check to see if it's working in those versions as well. Whatever I learn, I'll let you know.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

This is exactly what I was doing. It works all the way up to NX8.5. We have sent the files to seimens support to look at and the same things happened for them with them.

John, if you look at your customer defaults under drafting/view/general you must have enable exact(pre-nx8.5) views selected and representation set to exact(pre-nx8.5). This fixes the ballooning problems, it also fixes not being able to filter when view dependent edit deleting from views, and it allows lines in sections to display in face colors. The whole idea of having to do this in a new version to make functionality work does not make a whole lot of sense, unless it is maybe a temporary fix.

No, those were 'Smart Lightweight' views in my video.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back