Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX9 Assemblies: Sorting Descriptive Part Names Alphanumerically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasey7

Mechanical
May 1, 2003
US
Hola!
When I add new components to an assembly part in NX9 (full version: NX 9.0.0.19 MP1) they appear at the bottom of the Descriptive Part Name column of the Assembly Navigator. "Refreshing" the column by toggling the sort order up and down doesn't help.
I understand that I can now re-order components in NX9's Assembly Navigator to my hearts content, but I'd also like the option to have the system sort the components alphanumerically.

As it stands when I try to move the out-of-order component into place, I get the Reorder Assembly Navigator window:
"You reordered components in the Assembly Navigator while a system order was in use. System orders cannot be modified, and so a new assembly order containing your order modification has been created ni the displayed part."

I thought the system order default would have been alphanumeric like previous NX versions. Right now it seems to be the order that the components were added. [ponder]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dern-it! My search-fu is weak.

I thought I had seen that right-click feature in a youtube video. Sadly, I was right-clicking the top of the column, not the top assembly. Heck, it even tells me (Order: Chronological) right beside it. [blush]

Thanks so much cowski!

Dang. It's even the first thing that pops up in NX help after filtering all searches to Assemblies and typing "order" in the "Find topics that have all these words" box.

Lesson learned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back