Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX9 POST BUILDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaineam

Aerospace
Jun 5, 2012
US
This is sort of directly related to the sim05, sim07 posts that are in the Siemens library.

I am using the sim05 fanuc post to output G43.4 and G68.2 for plane rotation. NX9 sim05 post now works to where it will look at the operation and the plane your on and automatically output G68.2 with IJK followed by 53.1 to rotate IJK. The issue is... I am making a post and programming for a Makino Mag1 machine which operates a lot better with a lot of points rather than using G02 and G03's. So in my case I am wanting to use G43.4 for every operation that is using a MCS "MAIN" and utilize the G68.2 on anything that is using the MCS "CSYS ROTATION". Reason being we have 3D cutter comp on this machine which uses G43.4 and only thing we will need to use G68.2 on would be probing. To probe holes and cutter comp to said hole size.

Now if we back up to sim05 NX8 post... It will output G43.4 for everything but will post a G68 when CSYS ROTATION is activated but then outputs a G43.4 after rather than a G43 which is coming from the tcp mode but not sure why it outputs the G43.4 rather than G43 for non 5axis moves on a planar mill Op? other thing is it outputs G68 rather than G68.2 in the NX8 post which moves each axis individually rather than all at once.
G68 I
G68 J
G68 K
and uses A and B rather than Eulers angles to calculate it.

Just looking to see if anyone is familiar with this post or has modified these posts to work with what they have and can shed some light. Since they are highly customized posts that development department has produced GTAC is no help and doesn't know where to jump in and help at.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back