Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nylon for RIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peka

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2002
I searching for an address where I can buy material of Nylon for RIM applications, preferably in Europe. There are manufactures which use this material but they only sales molded parts and not the material. I only want the material and want to do the molding by myself.
Can anybody help my?

Thanks in advance.

Peka

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The only one I know is DSM, but possibly Bayer or BASF might have something.

I have no current association with DSM, Bayer or BASF

Regards
pat

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Hello Pat,
thanks for your answer.
I've contacted DSM in the past and they don't want to sale only this material. They deliver it to one customer who molds the parts and sales these parts for big money. And that's just the problem. I want to mold the parts by myself, but I don't find any supplier.

Regards
Peka

I Expect that The Netherlands has some laws similar to the USA anti trust laws, and therefore it would be against Dutch law for a company to refuse to sell you their goods, unless you have a bad credit history with them.

If you are from outside Europe, try ordering directly from DSM in Sittard, The Netherlands.

If you need it, I will ask an old coleague there to give me a contact name in the RIM dept.

If they refer you to the local agent who refuses to supply, inform them of this.

I will try to find an alternate supplier, but I believe that DSM is "the" major player in this field

Regards
pat

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Hello Pat,
thanks a lot for your help.
I will try a second time to buy nylon directly from DSM.
I've also contactpersons in the RIM department but if I them contact they put me trough to the German company HEK, this company sales vacuum casting machines and they also sales exclusively the RIM nylon of DSM.

If you know alternate supplier of RIM nylon please let me know. You prove there me a large service with.

Best regards.
Peka

you should try to find maerial under the name Nyrim. The material was developed by Monsanto some 15 years agao and subsequently was sold, maintaining the name. The buyere might have been a Canadian company(?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back