Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O ring for cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
? A little bit of context would help us?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Im sorry, just trying to get a crankshaft sensor out and the top broke, i am trying to do this myself, first time ever working on a car, i have no help, there is a o ring on this part, im guessing its baked on or swollen on, my searches resulted in drilling a hole, but my mind is telling me to try to chemically get rid of the o ring so it will pop out, there is no threads on this part

Julie dearth (Automotive) (OP) said:
Im sorry, just trying to get a crankshaft sensor out and the top broke, i am trying to do this myself, first time ever working on a car, i have no help, there is a o ring on this part, im guessing its baked on or swollen on, my searches resulted in drilling a hole, but my mind is telling me to try to chemically get rid of the o ring so it will pop out, there is no threads on this part

Don't believe there is anything that will dissolve an o-ring. 0-rings are fairly tough.

The best option is to drill a hole, tap it, and put a screw in it, so that you can pull the rest of it out. It is probably made of plastic so it should be easy to drill.[pre][/pre]

sensor removal youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back