Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Objects on Monitor STILL Distorted - CADKEY 99 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2old2

Mechanical
Jan 3, 2010
US
Some time ago I inquired about how to square up my drawings so that they aren't distorted. Circles are oval and squares are rectangular. I have tried with minor success to do what Mandrake22 suggested on 11 Jan, 2010, “Tools, Options, Display. Set the "Screen Size" values to equal you screen size. Further slight tinkering may be reqd.”

I have done these things, but maybe I should give some monitor specs…I have a Samsung SyncMaster 275r which is a 27 inch diagonal monitor, however, my usable CK99 drawing field is 11.625” x 22.75”, or 24” diag. The ratio is supposed to be 4:3, but I cannot get the screen to square out at this ratio. I have tweaked on this thing until I am ready to throw it out in the snow! Anybody!?!

2old2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So what does happen when you set your display size equal to your 11.625 x 22.75 actual size? Can you determine why your "usable" diagonal measurement isn't closer to the full 27" capability? Are your running your graphic card resolution at the recommended values for the monitor? Do any other applications fail to utilize the full screen area?

Hey, old friend! The main reason I can't use the entire 27" is because of the CADKEY screen which has all the commands on the left side which is about 1" wide. Also the ribbon across the top of the screen occupies about 1.5" and then across the bottom is another inch. I have tried using the entire vertical and horizontal dimensions in the "Screen Size" box, but it squishes everything in the horizontal plane. I have been tweeking on this thing ever since you helped me the last time with only a minimum of truing. I've just about resigned myself to the fact that something is wrong with the Nvidia graphics card. My biggest problem is that if I find someboody that knows everything about a computer, unfortunately, they don't know J.S. about CAD, and don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I'm getting 2old2 worry about this much longer. Oh, yes, I am running the graphics card at its reccommended setting.

Thanks for caring, my friend!

2old2

I don't have Cadkey on a running machine any more, but as I recall there was an option to fine adjust the ratio of horizontal to vertical scaling. I must have looked pretty silly holding vernier calipers up to the display.

Hey there, Tmoose. Thanks for responding. I would have gotten back to you much sooner, but had an extended stay in the hospital. I had a minor stent implant that turned into a major case of C-diff. NO FUN AT ALL!!! Don't feel by yourself with the vernier calipers...been there, done that! hehehe Finally graduated to digitals. I would certainly be obliged to you if you happen to remember just how you make that fine adjustment. I'm wondering if the adjustment is in the video card, now. It really is kinda embarrassing for a client to sit down with me and ask about the distortion. The plots DO come out looking correct, however.

You were dead on with the link. Thank you for solving a problem I have been toiling over for a LONG time. I wish I could have given you a gold star instead of a red one. I really appreciate the time you have put into this. Thanks again, my friend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back