Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Obtaining bridge stress diagrams in CSI Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidenJJ

Structural
Jan 12, 2018
US
Hi Everybody,

I am modeling a steel girder bridge with cast-in-place concrete deck. I need to get the stress in composite sections. I used Bridge object Response Display. It seems that the stress is only available for beams not for girders (the beam forces represent the forces in the beam only, whereas the girder forces represent the forces acting on the composite section of the beam and the deck slab).
Also, the stress diagram for a beam is fluctuating and is not smooth.
Is there any way to get a smooth composite stress in CSI Bridge?

Thanks,
Ehssan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the cross-section area of composite material, it seems reasonable that distribution of stress quantity is discontinued. If you really need a smooth contour of stress, try to output the stress data and plot it in a 3rd party post-processing program with some homogenization scripts.

Hi Geoasyon,
Thanks for the reply.
By discontinuity, I mean jumping along the beam axis and having to right and left values. I read somewhere that by using section cut, I'd be able to get stress at shorter intervals which makes the stress diagram smoother. But the problem is that the section cut planes should be defined manually. Here is the screenshot of my results:

SS_zefw9k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back