Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OEM Ball Joint Dimensional Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkEE

Automotive
Apr 14, 2003
US
Reference: OEM Suspension Parts Nov-03

As we speak I am having a C-5 Front Upright Reversed Engineered by Crative Dezigns, Mooresville. I now need to find dimensional data on the OEM Moog K6537 Lower Ball Joint and E52231RL Steering Ball Joint Upper Ball Joint is unknown at this time.

If anyone has dimensional data Ball diameter etc I would greatly appreciate it cause the next step is the band saw.

Thanks,

MarkEE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Good luck with the bandsaw.
The last pair of balljoints I took apart required a grinder to separate. It appears the outer case (at least) was hardened.

Bill

A drop saw with an abrasive blade should do it.

Regards

eng-tips, by professional engineers for professional engineers
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Out of curiosity, why are you reverse engineering the upright? I know there was one group that has already done it, however I believe all their products raise the hub by 1 inch or more.

leaftye,

I would appreciate the name of the group if its available. I have yet to find anyone to date.

Thanks,

MarkEE

I believe the racing team that made them was 3R's. They were very successful racing Corvette's, but then switched to Vipers a few years ago with even greater success. Anyway, I don't have a direct contact, but Gary Hoffman with Hardbar ( or Lou with LG should be able to forward you more information about it. Lou put up a picture here:

Sorry, it's his sale thread, but it has the picture, and I don't know how to post it separately.

No. At this point we are looking at measuring and guessing at the center of rotation. I know there must be some drawings at Moog or some other manufacturer but haven't found any yet. Let me know how you do.

Thanks,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back