Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

offline laser software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wideglide

Automotive
Sep 17, 2003
US
I am wondering if anybody out there is useing or heard of anything new for offline programing for a Mazak 5-axis. I am looking for something that is preferable UG or Catia based. We are now useing Mazcad, but we are trying to find something that is windows based. Any help would be great. Thanks...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know what kind of controller and language the Mazak uses, but there are certainly cad/cam packages that will drive 5-axis lasers.
Sorry, I am drawing a blank on the name of one my former employer used/uses...

Jay Maechtlen

hi wideglide
I also use mazcad , so I feel your pain
shell to dos is getting old , I would also be interested
in something windows based. Buy the way do you know if you can change the fnt font to other than the standard S3000.
thankz.

Camtek Ltd, has a PEPS product called Pentacut. The same product bundled and sold with all Mazak multi axis lasers. Harley Davidson in KC is using it to cut fenders, gas tanks etc and love it from what i hear. Jetcamamericas is the distributor i think and they really have a great product at a very reasonable price if you want a truley windows based solutioin to your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back