Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

offset face vs. offset surface 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyamoto12

Aerospace
Feb 12, 2016
US
I just read the definitions in the help docs, but fail to see the difference. Can anyone give me an example of when you would use one over the other please?

NX 10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The main difference is that "offset face" moves the face selected whereas "offset surface" creates a new surface at the offset distance from the selected surface. The "offset region" is similar to "offset face" except "offset region" will create a new shelf face when necessary and "offset face" will not (it will just report a failure).

www.nxjournaling.com

Why so many options??

Because you might not want it the other way....

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

The good news is that with NX, there's always 10 ways to do anything.

The bad news is that nine of them are perfectly valid.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

"The good news is that with NX, there's always 10 ways to do anything.

The bad news is that nine of them are perfectly valid."

And the Problem is that when NX evolves and Siemens tries to retire a feature due to "synomymity", there will always be somebody screaming that this specific option is "THE ONE he MUUUST have".

Regards,
Tomas

And the good news is that the lost functionality can usually be returned by knowing what switch to turn back ON..

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back