Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oil cooler manufacturers for PT6A 65B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdo

Mechanical
Jul 4, 2002
RO
Hi all,

Can anybody help me with some contact points (web sites, e-mails a.s.o.) for oil coolers manufacturers (specifically for PT6A 65B turboprop engine)?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Fernando

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Ferdo,

Unfortunately, oil coolers tend to be specified by the aircraft manufacturer rather than the engine supplier, so any aircraft manufacturer using the PT6A 65B would probably be a good starting point to contact.

You could try the following link as well:
Rikman

Hi,

Excuse me for my late reply. I was sure about that (the airplane manufacturer must specify the oil cooler) but I hoped that, with a little luck, somebody could give me some references.

In fact, it was my mistake, because I didn't specified nothing about what kind of airplane we talk (or even a heat quantity to be exchanged, for example a value around 1100 Btu/min and an oil flow rate about 120 lb/min).

Anyway, I'm interested in something similar with Beechcraft 1900 (or another airplane in this class). Unfortunatlly, I didn't find nothing convenient on that web site which you mention it.

Thanks anyway. Regards
Fernando

You could try Lori oil coolers in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA or Sumitomo in Japan or even Honeywell in Torrance, California, USA.

I have certainly user Lori and Sumitomo products on Pratt and Whitney Canada engines

Hi,

Thanks for the informations. I found about LORI (and I have an offer from them) and Honeywell but I didn't know about Sumitomo.

Thanks again

Regards
Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back