Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Old Drawing Annotation "Depth w/out PL" 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanVG

Mechanical
Jan 21, 2022
US
Good afternoon struct-e's. I'm looking at a schedule of columns and footings for a building built in 1968, and trying to model the footings in Revit. For the footings, one of the rows indicates the "DEPTH W/OUT PL." [Depth without PL] Does anybody know what this means? Piling maybe? I don't see any piling details or schedules in the drawing.

Thanks in advance!
Col_footing_schedule_ndy9pi.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Agree with JStephen. In my experience, PL written like that usually is used as an abbreviation for "plate" on structural drawings, and usually in reference to a steel plate. However, I can't immediately follow how it would be applicable in this case where it appears to be used in a schedule of concrete columns and footings.

If you can post screenshots of the foundation details that might help us out. Presumably there would be a plate (or whatever the PL is) shown on one of the details.

I think it stands for plate! I am attaching two pictures of the column and footing details with and without plates. Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction! This is why I love the Eng-Tips forum.
Column_Footing_Detail_w_Plate_pu6hch.jpg

Column_Footing_Detail_w-out_Plate_wd9tn8.jpg

MAybe.

Do you know what the P and Q stand for?

From that drawing there should be no real difference in the footings with or without a plate.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back