Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Omron CJ1M memory area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayfromIntech

Electrical
Jun 2, 2003
CA
Hi, I have been working with Allen Bradley products for the past few years. Now I'm starting with Omron. I'm lost.

I'm using CX-One to program a CJ1M 11 CPU. The manuals are not clear at all.

What I need to know is the memory area. What are the different files used for?

How are my digital inputs addressed?
My digital outputs?
My analogue inputs?
My analogue Outputs?
My internal bits?
My internal INT?
My internal Reals?
If I want to adresse a bit within an INT or word?
What about Timers & Counters?

I'm used to B3:0/0
N7:0/1 or N7:0
T4:0/dn

So on and so forth.

Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks
Ray

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have the specs for the CJ1M in front of me but I can give you some general info that may help. Omron breaks the memory out into several areas CIO, Data, Registers etc. CIO is the "working" area of the PLC. The indiviual bits are referenced by "word.bit" such as "1200.05". The available "work area" is dependant on the registered IO. I am not sure on the expandablity of the CJ1M but in general you would register your IO in the lower range of the CIO as follows. If you have 32 point Input module and a 32 point Output module you would register the Input as words "0000" and "0001" and the output as "0002" and "0003". You would then reference the first bit of the first input word as "0000.00" and the first bit of the first output word ad "0002.00". Depending on the capabilties of the CPU the remaining CIO area would then be your "work area" and would be reference the same way. For example with the given registered IO, the first work word would be "0004" and the first bit would be references as "0004.00". Does that make sense or help at all?

No problem. Be thankful that you have CX-One and not the CPT, or worse yet CVSS software to do your programming. Drop a post if you have any more questions. Good luck.

Big learning curve coming up I am afraid. The Omron memory map is pretty open - just like a big sheet of paper - no files thank heavens, I hate them and I lke the freedom of a big open sheet.

The CJ1/CS1 processors have CIO (common I/O area), W (work or internal bits and words), HR (memory retentive I/O area), DM (data memories or registers - these are all memory retentive and need to be reset to clear data).

Counters and timers are pretty simple but there are a variety of them. In the setup from the start, you can actually set up your timers and counters to be either BCD or decimal based. All timers and counters are then set up to the base you have chosen.

For analogue cards etc, you really need to get on line and create an I/O table to make things easy for yourself. CX-Programmer will then automatically allocate the address range to the analogue card. You can read and/or change the address area from the I/O table section. You can also set up your comms cards from there.

By the way, if you can get on line to the PLC and create the I/O table, CX-Programmer will show you the addressing for each card in the I/O table section. You can then go in a re-address any card to any area of the CIO table. You can even go in, when on line, and adjust the time delay for each individual I/O card. This can be quite handy to suppress noise.

I could go on for ever but I hope you get the general idea.

Have fun. It is a really great little PLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back